West Haddon Photo Club (“the Club”) has the aim of stimulating and encouraging proficiency in all aspects of photography in West Haddon and the surrounding area. This includes:
The personal information referred to in this policy may include name, contact details, records of entries to events, members’ names on photographs and digital photo files, and such other information necessary for the effective management of the legitimate interests of the Club in supporting activities to benefit members and others.
Data Protection Principles
1. Be transparent about the nature of the personal data we retain and process and to allow access to this information to individuals to whom it pertains.
2. Collect and use only that personal information which is required for the effective management of the legitimate interests of the Club.
3. Retain personal data in a secure manner; endeavour to keep it up-to-date, accurate and to permanently delete it when it is no longer required.
4. Not to pass on for marketing purposes any personal data held by the Club, nor to collect personal data about users of the Club’s website.
Purposes of Data Collection & Use
The Club collects and holds personal information for the following purposes:
2. Members as the creators of photographs used in the activities of the Club including, but not limited to, display of photographs and the photographers’ names on the Club website and at Club exhibitions.
3. Prospective members enquiring about membership of the Club.
4. Others who support the Club in the provision of services to members at meetings or elsewhere, e.g. speakers and competition judges; or who pro-actively contact the Club with offers of products and services for members.
5. Other groups and individuals in the external community whom the Club’s members may help from time to time.
Only members of the committee have access to members’ personal data. This access will be removed when a member leaves the committee and they are required to delete any personal data they hold.
The Club may retain historical archives indefinitely. This may include remaining on the Club’s website where they may be used by Club members and the public. An archive of former members' names, excluding contact details, is maintained for Club reference purposes. Access to this archive is available only to the committee.
Members may share their personal contact details with each other and work, learn and socialise with each other in alignment with the Club’s wish to be a friendly and inclusive social group of people with an interest in photography.
You have the right to:
A copy of this GDPR is available to download as a pdf.
V1.0 - Issued December 2020